Juneteenth National Independence Day became the 12th legal public holiday, celebrating the emancipation of the last enslaved African Americans. On that day in 1865, Union soldiers led by Gen. Gordon Granger arrived in the coastal city of Galveston, Texas to deliver General Order No. 3, officially ending slavery in the state.
On Monday, June 19, 2023 the Federal Reserve will be closed in observance of Juneteenth.
Although Southland Data Processing will be open, transfers will be pushed back for check dates on or after the holiday. Affected check dates include:
- Monday, June 19
- Tuesday, June 20
- Wednesday, June 21
Direct deposits will also not be live for payrolls with check dates on June 19, 2023. Transfers will be pushed back a day for check dates on or after the holiday.
For your employees to receive their pay by June 19th, you should:
- Change your check date to Friday, June 16th.
- Send your payroll by 2:00 PM PT on Wednesday, June 14th.
Other affected check dates that will need to submit early:
- Monday, June 19th – send payroll by 2:00 PM PT on Thursday, June 15th for employees to be paid Tuesday, June 20th.
- Tuesday, June 20th – send payroll by 2:00 PM PT on Thursday, June 15th.
- Wednesday, June 21st – send payroll by 2:00 PM PT on Friday, June 16th.
We recommend you always check the Transfers section on your Payroll Summary report. Here, you can find your exact transfer amounts and dates.
As always, our team is here to help with any questions you have about your payroll or check dates. We’ll always pick up the phone, so don’t hesitate to give us a call if you have any questions.