On Sunday, July 4, we will celebrate Independence Day (“the Fourth of July”) to commemorate the adoption of the Declaration of Independence and formation of our great nation. In the midst of the fireworks and festivities, Southland Data Processing would like to remind you that since Independence Day will be observed on Monday, July 5th, you may need to do some additional payroll prep next week before the banking holiday.
Both Southland Data Processing and the Federal Reserve will be closed on Monday, July 5th in observance of Independence Day. (Because the banking holiday is on Sunday this year, the Federal Reserve observes Independence Day the Monday after.) Additionally, transfers will be pushed back a day for check dates on or after Monday, July 5th. Lastly, direct deposits will also not be live for payrolls with check dates on July 5th.
For your employees to receive their pay by Monday, July 5th, you should:
- Change your check date to Friday, July 2nd
- Send your payroll by 2:00 PM PT on Wednesday, June 30th
Other affected check dates that will need to submit early:
- Monday, July 5th – send payroll by 2:00 PM PT on Thursday, July 1st for employees to be paid Tuesday, July 6th
- Tuesday, July 6th – send payroll by 2:00 PM PT on Thursday, July 1st
- Wednesday, July 7th – send payroll by 2:00 PM PT on Friday, July 2nd
We recommend you always check the Transfers section on your Payroll Summary report, which has the exact transfer amounts and dates.
As always, our team is here to help with any questions you have about your payroll or check dates. We’ll always pick up the phone, so don’t hesitate to give us a call if you have any questions.
Wishing you and yours a fun and relaxing Fourth of July!