This year marks the 27th anniversary celebrating Civil Rights leader’ Martin Luther King, Jr.’s life and legacy. Observed each year on the third Monday in January as “a day on, not a day off,” MLK Day is the only federal & banking holiday designated as a national day of service. (P.S. you can find some great socially distanced volunteer ideas here!)
As we remember the work of Dr. King, SDP would also like to remind you that the Federal Reserve Bank will be closed on January 17th. Although Southland Data Processing will be open, transfers will be pushed back a day for check dates on or after the holiday. Additionally, direct deposits will not be live for payrolls with check dates on January 17th.
For your employees to receive their pay by January 17th, you should:
- Change your check date to Friday, January 14th
- Then, send your payroll by 2:00 PM PT on Wednesday, January 12th
Other affected check dates that will need to submit early:
- Monday, January 17th – send payroll by 2:00 PM PT on Thursday, January 13th for employees to be paid Tuesday, January 18th
- Tuesday, January 18th – send payroll by 2:00 PM PT on Thursday, January 13th
- Wednesday, January 19th – send payroll by 2:00 PM PT on Friday, January 14th
We recommend you always check the Transfers section on your Payroll Summary report. Here, you can find your exact transfer amounts and dates.
As always, our team is here to help with any questions you have about your payroll or check dates. We’ll always pick up the phone, so don’t hesitate to give us a call if you have any questions.
Wishing you a day of reflection and love as we remember the powerful contributions of Martin Luther King, Jr.