Reminder: Quarter-End Payroll Reminders
As you prepare to process your last payroll of the quarter, don’t forget to submit any quarter-end adjustments to Southland Data Processing by June 28, 2021.
After June 28, corrections cannot be processed until all returns have been filed, requiring an amendment. Our team will begin processing amendment requests for Q2 2021 and prior on Friday, August 6, 2021.
Holds, Adjustments, & Amendments
This quarter, SDP is rolling out a new Hold Form for any adjustments that need to be made to your quarterly tax filings.
This form is your way of notifying us if you have any adjustments to your payroll information for the quarter before we file your quarterly tax returns to avoid an amendment.
- Deadline to submit Hold Form to SDP to delay Q2 Quarterly Processing: Friday, 6/18/2021
- Q2 2021 Adjustment Deadline for changes not related to ERTC, CARES, and/or COBRA: Monday, 6/28/2021
SDP’s Standard Adjustment fees for payroll adjustments not related to ERTC, CARES, and/or COBRA are:
- Adjustment without Amendment: $150 per quarter
- Adjustment with Amendment: $300 per quarter
- SSN/Name Correction & Amendment: $75 per quarter
Conversely, adjustments for Employee Retention Credits (ERTC), CARES, or COBRA will follow the fee schedule below:
- Quarterly Tax Processing Hold Request Form – required for all payroll adjustments (including those related to ERTC, CARES, and/or COBRA).
- Request for Advance Payment 7200 Credit & Employee Retention Qualified Wages Entry – required in addition to the Hold Form above for employers who filed any Forms 7200 with the IRS for advance payment of employer credits due to COVID-19 and/or for employers who are claiming Employee Retention Tax Credits (ERTC) outside of SDP.
- Employee Retention Credit (ERC) Qualified Wages Spreadsheet – required in addition to the two forms above for employers who are claiming Employee Retention Tax Credits outside of SDP.
Report & Tax Form Delivery
All client copies of Q2 2021 reports will be delivered by July 30, 2021 either through SDP Connect (in the Reporting module) or via secure file download.
Please note that in our efforts to be more eco-friendly, SDP no longer prints and mails quarterly tax forms and reports for clients with SDP Connect access. As always, these will be available to download from the Reporting module in your portal if hard copies are needed.
Quarterly Auto Processing
If your account is currently set up for automatic quarterly payroll processing, your second quarter payroll will be processing soon! As a reminder, if you need to change or confirm payroll numbers, please contact our support team by 2 PM PT on June 28, 2021.
Employee & Company Maintenance
To avoid costly adjustments and amendments down the line, quarter-end is a great time to make sure all of your payroll data is up-to-date. We recommend checking in with employees to confirm their name, address, and SSN on file to ensure accurate reporting throughout the year.
Additionally, notify SDP if any company-level information has changed. (For example, your mailing address for payroll packages and poster subscriptions!)
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at (866) 946-2032 and a member of our team would be happy to assist you!
Additionally, for more business tips and reminders, be sure to check out the SDP Blog. Here, we post weekly content to keep you compliant and informed. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn for even more HR and business updates!