Recommendations to stem the spread of COVID-19 have been all over the place. Hand washing, self-isolating, keeping a 6-foot distance between yourself and those around you… It’s a lot to keep track of.
When guidance seems to become more stringent every day, how can employers manage to keep their businesses going, while also looking out for the health and safety of their employees? As it turns out, employers can greatly reduce face-to-face interactions by allowing employees to complete tasks remotely.
Read on to learn how you can help reduce the spread of the coronavirus by eliminating paper forms or in-person work with the use of a few simple pieces of technology.
- Allow employees to electronically access and interact with company resources instead of relying on hard copies with Employee Self-Service (ESS). The portal also serves as a primary source of communication during critical situations.
- Create announcements related to any health concerns or changes in policy due to the evolving nature of the coronavirus situation.
- Post links to your employee handbook, health insurance information, CDC recommendations, and more.
- Assign, upload, and track the progress of employee and supervisor training with Southland Data Processing’s Learning Management System (LMS) to help prepare employees for the potential effects of coronavirus at the workplace.
- Try out workflows to allow employees and managers to interact and work through projects and tasks during times where remote work is necessary.
Documents & Files
- Paperless Onboarding allows employees to electronically complete and review federal and state compliance forms, plus your own company-specific forms. All while minimizing the need for physical copies of important documents.
- The Employee Files module allows you to securely upload and store virtual records of important employee documents to minimize the need to store and handle physical versions of those documents.
- Eliminate handling and delivery of payroll documents and forms by opting-in to completely paperless payroll as a company.
- Time & Labor: Have employees clock in and out using our online web clock technology, review time cards, and make time off requests online to minimize cross-contamination and spread of the coronavirus.
- Accruals: Set up a separate Time Off Request Type specifically for COVID-19 Tracking.
- Direct Deposit: Eliminate the need for paper checks and potential delivery delays with automatic payment via Direct Deposit.
- Pay Cards: Offer unbanked employees the same benefits of Direct Deposit with pay cards.
Remote Management Resources
- Payroll Reports: Run one of Southland Data Processing’s Standard Reports for quick payroll analytics, or try out our user-friendly Report Writer to pull the data you need anytime, anywhere. Using our cloud-based system means you can manage and view critical information instead of printing and physically handling the data.
- Analytics: Identify patterns in employee PTO and attendance to better understand your labor costs.
- HR Support Center: Stay informed of FMLA standards, updates in the HR industry, and government news. Plus, access our entire library of guides, checklists, and legal updates to get you through the crisis.
We hope you find these resources to reduce the spread of coronavirus through technology helpful! To learn more about any of these tools, let us know here and a member of our team would be happy to reach out with more information. And don’t forget to follow us out on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn for even more business tools and resources!