Effective Date: December 1, 2019
Last Updated: December 4, 2019
This Privacy Statement describes how Southland Data Processing, Inc. (“SDP”) and our affiliates collect, use, share and protect business, financial, and personal information. This statement applies to all information collected or submitted on this website and our online payroll, benefits, human resources and other related services (the “Services”) which are provided through the website (“Site”). This notice is available on the homepage of this Site and at every login page where personally identifiable information may be requested.
Your privacy, and the privacy of the information provided, is important to us. We use reasonable care to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and untimely destruction. We do not grant access to personal information about you except as otherwise set forth herein. We do not share or sell personal information collected on the site with any third parties for their own marketing purposes.
At times, we will provide you with links to other websites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Site, and to read the privacy statements of every website that collects personally identifiable information.
Information Collection and Use
What information is collected
We limit the collection of personal information to the information that we need to administer and improve the Site, to provide our products and Services to our customers, and to fulfill any legal and regulatory requirements.
The categories of personal information that we collect may include, but are not limited to:
- Contact information to allow us to communicate with you
- Employer information, including financial and bank account information, to provide the Services
- Employee information, including taxpayer identification number, date of birth, financial, bank account, biometric, geolocation, medical and beneficiary information, to provide the Services
- Credit, debit, or cash/payment card information if used, such as for billing
- Credit or debt history regarding your creditworthiness or credit history
- If you have applied for employment with SDP, your personal information will be collected once you submit your application to SDP for employment. Your data will then be included in our recruitment process and shall be used only for recruitment purposes.
Automatically Collected Information
We automatically collect certain usage information when you access the Site or use the Services such as your device identifier (if using a mobile device), Internet Protocol (IP) address (if using a browser), operating system, browser type and the address of a referring site. We also automatically collect certain usage information through cookies and related technologies, as described below. In addition, our Site may implement third-party software, sch as Google’s Invisible reCAPTCHA (“the Invisible CAPTCHA”) that collects your information for security purposes.
How personal information is collected
We do not require you to provide any personal information in order to have general access to the Site. However, in order to access or use certain information, features or Services at the Site, you may be required to provide personal information. Personal information is primarily collected:
- When you utilize the Services, we obtain from you the information we need to provide the Services.
- From applications, forms and other information you provide us on the Site
- When you establish an account, or an account is established for you at the direction of your employer, to receive Services
- From survey information and/or site registration
- If you provide us with comments or suggestions, request information about our Services, or contact our customer service department via phone, email or other forms of communication
- From consumer and business reporting agencies regarding your creditworthiness or credit history
- From third parties to verify information given to us
- From information you may provide via Social Media. For information regarding safe and productive participation in our social media community, view our Social Media Guidelines (see below).
- When you provide us information in connection with your application via email or voluntarily through a third party (job applicants)
How personal information is used
We use the information provided on the Site to perform the Services you request. We limit the collection of personal customer information that we need to:
- Facilitate customer requested Services, transactions, distributions and benefits
- Provide superior service to our customers
- Comply with legal, reporting and regulatory requirements
- Administer and improve our websites
- Detect fraud or theft to protect our business and client information
- Contact you with information on Services, new Services or products, or upcoming events
- Facilitate applicant tracking
- To take the steps of your request for employment by conducting methods of recruitment (job applicants)
How aggregated, non-personal information is used
We may collect general, non-personal, statistical information about the users of the Site and our services in order to determine information regarding the use of our Site and general information about our customers. The aggregated data will not personally identify any customers or visitors to the Site.
How cookies are used
A “cookie” is a piece of data that our Site may provide to your browser while you are at our Site. The information stored in a cookie is used for user convenience purposes, such as reducing repetitive messages, tracking helper tool versions, and retaining user display preferences. If a user rejects the cookie, they will be able to browse the Site but will be unable to use our online application.
Children under 13 years of age
This site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age. All dependent data needed for benefits enrollment is customarily provided by the employee/guardian and kept secure as indicated in this Statement.
Your California privacy rights
Under California Civil Code 1798, California residents with an established business relationship can request information about sharing their personal information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like more information, please contact us at [email protected]
Parties With Whom Information May Be Shared
Information is shared to facilitate the Services needed in order to properly and efficiently handle duties related to your account. We may share information with:
- Government agencies to fulfill legal, reporting and regulatory requirements
- Attorneys, accountants and auditors
- Our employees, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, agents and third-party service vendors to perform Services related to your account, to offer additional Services, perform analysis to determine qualification to receive future services or collect amounts due.
- Banking firms to complete payroll processing transactions
- Credit bureaus and similar organizations, law enforcement or government officials. We reserve the right to release information if we are required to do so by law or if, in our business judgment, such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process, in a fraud investigation, an audit or examination.
How to Access and Correct Your Information
You may review, update, correct or delete your personal information through your account or by contacting us using the contact information listed below. If you would like us to delete your account entirely, please contact us at [email protected] or via phone at 866.946.2032 with a request that we delete your personal information from our database. Please note that there may be some delay in the deletion of your data from our servers following your request. Additionally, we may retain some of your data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or as needed for other legitimate business purposes.
You may unsubscribe from marketing and promotional emails that we send to you by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of each of our marketing and promotional emails, or by emailing [email protected] a request to opt out of receiving these emails. If you opt out of receiving marketing and promotional emails from us, we may still need to send you emails related to your account and the Service.
Do Not Track
Our Site does not currently have the capability of responding to “Do Not Track” signals received from various browsers.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
This statement may be revised from time to time due to legislative changes, changes in technology or our privacy practices or new uses of customer information not previously disclosed in this Statement. Revisions are effective upon posting and your continued use of this Site will indicate your acceptance of those changes. Please refer to this Statement regularly.
If you have any comments, concerns or questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact your service provider.
SDP Social Media Guidelines
We actively strive to make our social media communities open, honest, and a safe environment. We recognize that social media “doesn’t sleep,” and while we may post or reply at any time, the majority of our activity occurs between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. PT.
We will abide by the following guidelines and ask any user choosing to participate to do the same.
- Be polite, courteous, and respectful toward all users. Profanity, vulgarity, threatening, or otherwise inappropriate content will be removed.
- Be relevant. Posts or comments not relevant to the topics discussed will be removed. Duplicate posts or comments will be removed. Solicitations or promotions for third parties will be removed at our discretion.
- Be yourself. Post content that is original or that you have permission to post.
- Be safe. Your activity in social media is public. Never disclose confidential information, including client number, email address, or phone number in public discussion. Activity that compromises your security, another user’s security, or the security or assets of SDP will be removed.
- Users who repeatedly or egregiously violate these guidelines may be banned or blocked.
Privacy & Third-Party Content
We may link or repost third-party content if we feel it relevant to the community. Links to third-party content do not constitute official endorsements of any site, product, or company. We share content for informational and educational value. SDP has not verified, nor is it responsible for, information contained within any of these materials. Any opinions expressed within materials from outside sources are not necessarily the opinion of, or supported by, SDP.