Workplace wellness often refers to a health campaign or team activity that promotes a healthy lifestyle. This may involve something fun like a team-building “Walk at Work” campaign or a healthy eating potluck. Whether it’s for a day or a week, making employee’s wellness is a healthy priority that can have a positive impact on business operations and morale.
Adopting a policy designed to support healthy behavior among employees improves health outcomes. And, businesses are seeing a positive result from implementing these permanent workplace wellness initiatives. So much so that such activities are becoming a part of the company culture.
Workplace wellness has been expanded in recent years and continues to be a component of employee-centric initiates to create a culture of health at the workplace and can easily be implemented to include remote employees.
Some ideas for wellness initiatives include diverse activities such as:
- On-site health education/fairs and free medical screenings
- Health and weight loss coaching
- Stress management
- Smoking cessation programs
- Wellness communications
- On-site fitness programs and facilities and/or health club memberships
- On-site kitchens and healthy food options
- Company wellness competitions
- Mobile and web-based education and social platforms
- Financial and other incentives for wellness participation